Fakultät für Chemie und Pharmazie


"BAföG" is the abbreviation for the "Federal Education Advancement Law". This law regulates state financial aid for education. If your own or your parents' incomes do not suffice to finance your education and livelihood, then you are entitled to adequate state financial aid. BAfög is not a scholarship!

The Office for Educational Aid (Amt für Ausbildungsförderung) at the Studentenwerk München is responsible for students studying at Munich's universities and arranges for the approval of aid according to BAföG (§48 and §15 section 3a). (legal text)
You can find more information about BAföG at the Studentenwerks München. website here.

To apply for financial aid at the Studentenwerk München, you need to submit the following:

  • An application form at www.bafoeg.de, also available at the Studentenwerk München
  • A current statement of your bank account
  • A record of study (available at the Examinations Offices in Chemistry and Pharmacy). Requirement is at least 72 ECTS in the Bachelor Chemistry and Biochemistry until the 3rd semester.

For detailed consultation, especially concerning partial loan-payment waivers please contact the Studentenwerk. (Please note their business hours!)

Studentenwerk München
Amt für Ausbildungsförderung
Leopoldstraße 15/ 2nd and 4th Floor
80802 München